Affordable housing and construction
Groningen belongs to everyone. But, due to the housing crisis, the inclusive character of our entire society has been put under pressure. Due to severe shortage on the housing market and the one-sided supply prices are rising. We want to put an end to that. By building more for the right demographic. With greater diversity in types of homes. And by protecting the housing market against those who want to take advantage of the situation.
- Make both renting and homeownership affordable again by quickly rolling out a more realistic housing policy
- Continue the construction of new social rental housing, along with new free sector rental homes, as well as affordable private housing.
- Create a more varied and affordable range of housing.
- Allow people to choose and create their own form of living via a Collective Private Commissioning (Collectief Particulier Opdrachtgeverschap (CPO)).
- Block access for investors via a ban on purchasing, an anti-speculation clause and residence requirement.